Strawberries have always been associated with love and romance and they seem to love your teeth too!
They are loaded with vitamin C which helps to produce collagen, the basic protein making up most body tissues including the gums. Vitamin C helps to keep gums strong and maintain integrity.
An added bonus is that strawberries contain malic acid, which is a natural tooth whitener.
Consuming ½ a cup of strawberries provides 70% of our daily requirement for Vitamin C
Check out these delicious recipes using these delectable fruits!
Chicken and Strawberry Salad
¼ cup olive oil
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp roughly chopped tarragon
¼ tsp salt
Pinch of pepper
2 grilled chicken breasts sliced
6 cups of baby spinach
8 large strawberries, hulled and quartered
1 avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
¼ cup of feta cheese
2 tbs slivered almonds
- Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, tarragon, salt and pepper together.
- Arrange spinach, strawberries, avocado and feta cheese in a large bowl.
- Top with the chicken and almonds and pour over the dressing.
1 punnet of strawberries
500ml of Greek yogurt
- Half or whole, dip strawberries in Greek yogurt
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place strawberries on the tray and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Store in a sealed container in the freezer.